Our commitment on climate change
BFSS has signed up to the Funder Commitment on Climate Change to play our part in tackling climate change.
The Funder Commitment on Climate Change is a holistic, high-level framework, supporting BFSS and other funders to play our part in tackling the causes and impacts of climate change.
It launched in 2019 and has more than 100 funders signed up to take action to support the transition to a low carbon economy, recognising the growing climate emergency ‘is a serious risk to the pursuit of our charitable aims’. As part of the commitment BFSS has committed to:
- Educate and learn: Make opportunities for our trustees, staff and stakeholders to learn more about the key causes and solutions of climate change.
- Commit resources: To accelerate work that addresses the causes and impacts of climate change.
- Integrate within all our existing programmes, priorities and processes, to contribute to a fair and lasting transition to a post carbon society, and to support adaptation to climate change impacts.
- Steward our investments for a post carbon future: Proactively address the risks and opportunities of a transition to a post carbon economy in our investment strategy and its implementation.
- Decarbonise our operations: Taking ambitious action to minimise the carbon footprint of our own operations.
- Report on progress against the five goals listed above, develop our practice, learn from others, and share our learning.
Find out more: www.fundercommitmentclimatechange.org
Published: 2 January 2024