Funding small scale capital investment to improve the basic fabric, resources and facilities at Kawawa Primary School, Mtwara, Tanzania
- Grant towards EdUKaid Whole School Development Programme – Kawawa Primary School, Mtwara, Tanzania.
- One year grant of £13, 213
EdUKaid is a children’s educational NGO operating in the Mtwara region of Southern Tanzania. One of the poorest, most rural regions of the country, educational achievement is low. EdUKaid works with local communities to improve access, retention and achievement in quality basic education at local government primary schools. Recognising that improvements in achievement at primary school are a means to increase enrolment and achievement at secondary level, EdUKaid’s work is focused on primary and pre-primary education.
Thanks to a grant from BFSS, in September 2015, EdUKaid were able to renovate Kawawa Primary school, including providing furniture, resources and equipment, repairing, rendering and redecorating the interior and exterior, renovate 12 latrines and construct hand washing facilities, provide safe sanitation and hygiene training, provide a basic rainwater harvesting water supply, and facilitate head teacher networking and capacity building sessions.
- Pupils and teachers are performing more effectively with the provision of basic teaching and learning resources and facilities
- Improved motivation of both teachers to teach and learners to learn through the creation of a better resourced and supported teaching and learning environment.
- More empowered and engaged key school stakeholders; head teacher, teachers, parents, local community and local education authority, as a result of networking/training opportunities, information sharing and collaboration.
- Improved educational attendance and achievement as a result of the collective positive benefits of better resources/facilities, motivated staff and stakeholders, and wider support and networking.
Project Report: Click here