The Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund is a small charity which aims to fight poverty in Uganda through education.
With support from the BFSS, the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund carried out extensive construction and renovation activities at Busesa Primary School in Uganda. This included:
- Construction of a new 2 block classroom with 2 offices
- Renovation of a 3 block classroom
- Construction of 4 teachers’ houses
- Construction of 4 teachers’ latrines and 2 washrooms
- Construction of 8 girls’ latrines
- 50 x 3-seater desks and 16 bunk beds (with permission from underspend)
- 1182 Children each year have access to improved learning resources leading to improved exam results and a better future
- 1182 Children each year will be taught by better trained and motivated teachers with better facilities, and supported by the STIR Programme.
- 609 Children each year will have access to improved latrine facilities leading to reduced risk of disease and improved health.
For the final project report, please click here.