Return to Southwark

In October 2017 the British and Foreign School Society moved from Caterham in Surrey back to its roots on the South Bank. To mark the occasion Phaedra Casey, Brunel University Archivist, has produced a brief history of the Southwark site where the BFSS was located from its inception early in the 19th century to 1890. This Occasional Publication builds on that history, tracing the BFSS ‘homes’ through to the present site in Great Dover Street, Southwark and linking those ‘homes’ with BFSS officeholders, principal activities and governance arrangements.

BFSS Return to Southwark